Thursday, November 4, 2010

Another one come and gone

Well, folks, I can't believe it, but Halloween 2010 has already passed us by. It seemed to come and go so quickly. I was driving by Michael's tonight and I thought to myself how I will miss all the Halloween stuff. I have to wait a whole other year to see it all again, and that's always kind of a depressing thought. I get really excited for Thanksgiving and Christmas, but there's something special about Halloween that fills me with excitement like no other holiday. My Halloween decorations are still up because I haven't had the time to take them down. Tonight, I turned on the orange lights strung around the deck 'cuz I still want to have the feel of Halloween around me. I will be taking everything down in a day or so and packing it all away again until next year. Funny. I almost feel like I'm saying goodbye to an old friend. Luckily, the Christmas stuff will go up before long, so things won't look too empty. I put one of my faux jack-o-lanterns that I carved this year on top of the dvd player on the dresser. I figured I'd enjoy its spooky glow once more before I put it in storage. I used a pattern from Zombie Pumpkins called 'Patch Master' on it, and I really love how it looks all lit up. I love scarecrows. This one is truly sinister.

Farewell, Halloween. I will look forward to your visit next year!

1 comment:

Chris 'Frog Queen' Davis said...

I hear ya. We are taking our stuff down tomorrow. They yard will look so....empty :(

Cheers!