Thursday, August 19, 2010

'Spirit Halloween' superstore

Halloween is truly on its way: I spotted the first 'Spirit' store yesterday just down from Michael's! I figured I would see a 'Spirit' banner some time soon, but I was surprised to see it coming this early. I figure it will probably be opening in the next week or so. You can bet I'll be one of the first ones there!

I bought my first Halloween goodies of the year at Michael's. I couldn't walk out of there empty-handed! They are almost completely stocked up with Halloween stuff (and I even saw one aisle that had a few Christmas things!). As usual, I was tempted to buy one of practically everything, but seeing as I have a budget, I just bought a few little knick-knacks to begin with. I got a couple more black, iron spider candleholders to add to the three I got last year, as well as a pack of black LED tea lights, a small bat to hang from my rearview mirror (yes, I even like a touch of Halloween in my car!), and a bottle of Pumpkin Spice oil. I burned it when I got home, and couldn't believe how delicious it made the kitchen smell! If anything will put me in the mood for Fall/Halloween, it's the wonderful scent of spicy pumpkin pie. I saw a candle called 'Halloween', and also the usual autumn-scented candles and potpourri. I want to fill every room in the house with that scent. It's heartwarming.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You must really love Halloween! Love this blog :)

Tisha Leigh said...

I live for Fall and Halloween. It is the one time of the year when I get truly excited, and it isn't just because of the holiday, although that's mainly it. The Fall weather, and the color changes and coolness it brings with it, as well as all the decorations you start to see in stores and around peoples' homes, all contribute to the feelings of excitement and joy I get at this time. It's a magical time for me.

Frances said...

If there's one thing which I enjoy during fall, it's the Halloween superstore rush since everybody's searching for that fabulous outfit to don for that special occasion during this season.