Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Halloween festivities

It's almost never too early for me to start searching for local Halloween events. Last night, I decided to do such a search, and I was quite surprised at what I found. I came across at least several haunted houses I hadn't heard of before. I plan to check them out this year. Here is a short list of what I stumbled across:

Callson Manor
http://www.callsonmanor.com/

Run by a professional animatronics prop designer, I was very impressed (at least) with the website. They claim they are not your average haunted attraction with teenagers running around in ski masks. I love that there is quite an in-depth backstory behind the haunt. The creators really went to extremes to make a great site, and came up with an intriguing legend. There is even a great video to go along with it to really peak your interest.

Fright Planet
http://www.frightplanet.com/index.html

This one looks a little like a more typical haunt you might find, such as Gyro's World of Terror, but it still looks like lots of fun.

I'm excited to be finding some events for this year when it isn't even September.

3 comments:

Chris 'Frog Queen' Davis said...

Looks like fun. Just love haunted houses...even the cheesy ones. :D

Cheers!

The Artful Gypsy aka Wendy the Very Good Witch said...

Sounds like you will be having lots of fun this coming Halloween! How is the weather out there? Are you feeling any signs of Fall yet? Obviously it's still hot and muggy here in FL, but the last few days have had low humidity and a nice breeze which felt very faintly like the beginnings of Autumn. Sure it's just wishful thinking...but a gal can dream right?! :o)

Tisha Leigh said...

Frog Queen- I agree! Even the cheesy ones are fun! Anything that helps put me in that spooky Halloween mood! ;)

Wendy- I hope so! We're probably going to check out Callson Manor. That one looks really good. It is actually heating up here. Today wasn't too bad, but tomorrow it's supposed to get up 101 degrees! Yikes! :( Supposed to go back down over the weekend, thank God. I do think I'm seeing signs of Fall. I've noticed the tops of some trees starting to turn orange and brown. You have a lot of good haunts there in FL?