Saturday, August 9, 2008

Halloween links

I realize that Halloween is still a ways off yet, and that most people aren't even thinking about it, but for me, it's never too early to start thinking about what decorations I'm going to use this year, what costume I'm going to wear, what I'll be doing, etc. Anyhoo, I lived in the Bay Area for awhile, and while there, I discovered some really great Halloween home haunts and haunted attractions. I thought I would put up some links to some that I knew of. For starters, I always looked to the 'Haunted Bay' web site for ideas and information about things to do and see, spooky movies to watch, and so on. Even if you don't live in the Bay Area-- or in California for that matter-- it's still a good site to read about cool stuff, and maybe get an idea or two. I'll start with that one. And let it be known that there are only 83 days left until Halloween....*fang-toothed grin*

'Haunted Bay'
www.hauntedbay.com

'Devious Concoctions'
www.deviousconcoctions.com

'Pirates of Emerson'
www.piratesofemerson.com

I went to this one a few years ago, and it was pretty darn awesome. If you're into pirates, you should definitely get a kick out of it. The actors who play the pirates are so real looking, and they really get into their roles as evil, dead pirates. The costumes and make-up are extraordinary!

'DC Cemetery'
http://www.dc-cemetery.com/

I think this was one of the yard haunts I visited a few years back, and it rocked! I wish I'd had a camera on me to take photos, but I didn't. Bummer.

Exotic Erotic Ball
www.exoticeroticball.com

We're hoping to attend this one this year. Never been, but it's supposed to be totally wild and crazy!

Le Bal Des Vampyres
www.peers.org

I used to be very into the ballroom/Victorian costuming scene, and this was one of our favorite yearly, post-Halloween events. If you're a fan of the vampire genre like myself, then you should find it pretty cool. You see some amazing costumes. It is a ball, and there is Victorian ballroom dancing, complete with a live band. Very fun, indeed!

The Scream Extreme
http://www.screamtonight.com/

I've never been to this one, but it sounds pretty cool.

More to come....!!! :)



2 comments:

Grim said...

Another good one if you haven't seen it... www.skullandbone.com another one of my favorites. You were talking about getting ready for Halloween, I think I started on November 1st 2007 getting ready for Halloween '08. I still feel like I have a ton of stuff to do.

Tisha Leigh said...

I think that's one I actually have not come across. That's shocking, considering that I seriously search the Web for Halloween stuff all year long! LOL They look very cool also.