Sunday, July 19, 2009

Halloween arrivals

You know the Halloween season is indeed on its way when you start receiving Halloween catalogs in the mail. Just the other day, I got the Fall '09 catalog for The Winfield Collection, and even I was surprised to see it so early! In case you aren't familiar with TWC, it's a company that makes all kinds of wood patterns. There are patterns for every holiday, and every season. I have never done woodworking, but those of you who are into serious prop-making should find it quite easy, I should think. There are even patterns for things that light up. I subscribe to the catalog because at some point I plan to give this woodworking thing a try. I would love to be able to put up lit-up displays for Halloween and Christmas. This new catalog has some new patterns this year, one of which is a large haunted pirate ship. There is also a very cool looking glowing graveyard that I would love to have in my front yard. You can make things for indoors, too, such as a 3' tall witch, vampire, or Frankenstein candy holder. These would all be perfect additions to any Halloween decor.

http://www.thewinfieldcollection.com/category/Lighted_Halloween

2 comments:

The Artful Gypsy aka Wendy the Very Good Witch said...

Well you are ambitious...ha! I don't think I could master woodworking...but never say never. If you end making anything...be sure to post it.

Oh yeah...my Michael's finally got the first 2 rows of Halloween merchandise up...hooray! I even bought a couple little things. Also around here...Old Time Pottery, JoAnne's and Kirklands all had Fall and/or Halloween stuff out already. I'm getting so excited now. If only the weather weren't so freakin' hot!

Tisha Leigh said...

*jumping up and down in excitement* What?! Michael's has Halloween stuff out??!! I haven't been back there yet, but I will now! hehe I did, however, find that Walmart has started putting out their Fall, and even Christmas, fabric out already! I was there earlier, and I walked all the way over to the fabric dept. to see. Sure enough, they had some on the shelf! We'll really start seeing Fall stuff coming out soon now. Summer stuff is already going on sale, which means Fall stuff is about to come out. Yay for autumn and Halloween! I live for it. :) Thanks for telling me about Michael's!