Wednesday, July 29, 2009

A Fall teaser

I couldn't believe it when I got up at 6 a.m. this morning. I went outside to let the dogs out, and it was as if time had jumped ahead to the beginning of October or November. It was actually chilly. The air felt like it had a slight dampness to it, and I noticed the faint smell of rain. We have been turning on the whole house fan in these wee hours of the day, but this morning, instead of having the fan on in my room, I seriously considered putting on a sweater. It felt so much like a brisk autumn morning that I felt excited! It gave me an early taste of those wonderful fall mornings that I love so much, and that I look forward to during the dry, scorching days of summer. Before long, every morning will be like this. Fall is not so far away now. Signs of it are already showing up in stores and mail catalogs. We even received a Christmas catalog the other day! Michael's and Hallmark already have Halloween inventory on the shelves, and Christmas won't be far behind. I am already thinking about my Halloween costume. I want to start ordering some new decorations and start putting up the ones I already have. Not everyone is ready for summer to come to an end, but I am. I guess autumn is in my blood. I am one of the Autumn People.

2 comments:

The Artful Gypsy aka Wendy the Very Good Witch said...

A toast to the Autumn People and the coming of Fall! I am returning from vacation in the mountains of TN and NC and the weather was chilly. There were even a few trees here and there that were turned colors for some reason. I couldn't help but to wish with every fiber of my being that the trees would turn color before my eyes...ha! It certainly put me even more in the mood. :o)

Tisha Leigh said...

Ahh, yes! The changing colors of the leaves. So wonderful. I, too, love it when the signs of Fall are here! I went back to Michael's again today, assuming they probably had more stuff out, and sure enough, they did! I'm broke right now, so buying more stuff will have to wait until the 10th, but I must have spent at least 20-30 minutes just looking at everything, and deciding what I would come back and get. It isn't easy deciding what stuff I'm going to buy because I want almost all of it! LOL I've decided that I want to put up a cemetery scene in a little area next to our deck, and Michael's had some nice gravestones. We have lots of bushes and trees around, so it should look really cool if I add some colored lights. Even my mom said today that she thinks we should start getting ready for Halloween on August 1st. Right on, Mom!! haha