Sunday, October 19, 2008

Halloween plans

So, it looks like I am probably not going to be going out on Halloween this year. Normally, the thought of staying home on my favorite night of the year would seriously depress me, but luckily this year, I have a good reason for spending it at home. In fact, a part of me actually *wants* to be home so that I can watch one of my favorite shows, 'Ghost Hunters'. I'm not usually a big fan of reality shows, but seeing as how this one deals with the paranormal, I'm pretty hooked. On Halloween night, the TAPS team will be doing a ghost hunt live at the "Black Hole" in Fort Delaware-- a location that's reportedly very active in terms of paranormal activity. I missed last year's live investigation on Halloween, so I'm really looking forward to seeing this one. Viewers can communicate with the team all during the investigation, and alert them to anything out of the ordinary that the team might not notice. It should be very interesting. I've become quite a fan of this show. I really like that they go into an investigation while trying to be as objective as possible. Instead of trying to prove that a location is haunted, they first try to rule out all other possible reasons for the strange goings-on. This seems to separate the team from other ghost hunters, who go into investigations with the assumption that a place is haunted without having good evidence to support it. It should make for a fun way to spend Halloween.

Source: http://www.scifi.com/ghosthunters/live/

6 comments:

Grim said...

I love that show, too. I hate missing all the good Halloween shows because I am outside the whole night... I gotta get one of those DVR's.

Tisha Leigh said...

Do you stay at home watching TOTs react to your haunt, or do you actually go out? If I had a haunt like yours, the choice would be tough. Luckily, though, most TOTs are done pretty early, so there is still plenty of time to go out and celebrate if you want to. You should videotape people when they come to your place. I would love to see how they react!

Drop Gallow said...

This is how it starts... that first year that you stay at home, handing out candy, looking around and thinking, "I like my decorations but I'd really like to give these ToTs a fright - a ghost would look good there, graves over here, maybe a witch, maybe a sign..." Then you start asking slightly bigger questions, "I wonder if fake blood is easy to make? How do I corpse a skeleton? Where does one purchase liquid latex?" Pretty soon you're cutting pvc, shaping chicken wire and papier-macheing everything in sight. Then come the really big questions, "How scary is too scary? Is that kid crying because of me? If a child doesn't dare to come up to the door, does that mean I've failed or succeeded?

Careful, Pumpkin Queen, you tell yourself you're going to stay in just this once but you may find that there's no way out...

Tisha Leigh said...

LOL We don't get any TOTs anymore, unfortunately. We haven't in years. I don't know why, either, since there are kids in our neighborhood. I think the parents must either take them somewhere else to TOT, or they just don't let them at all. Can you imagine having a parent like that?? What a bummer.

Drop Gallow said...

That's tragic. What a lonely Halloween night. I had 400 last year. I don't know what I'd do without them.

Tisha Leigh said...

400 TOTs?! Holy shit! You must have spent a fortune in candy. LOL The street I lived on before was very active on Halloween night. There was an old Victorian house around the corner from my apartment, and the owners went all out on Halloween. They turned their driveway and garage into a mini-haunted house that people could walk through, and every year they did a different theme. The steets would have TOTs walking all throughout the neighborhood, and it was such a busy, happy scene with people in costumes. I miss it.