Friday, August 15, 2008

Halloween themes, cont'd...

I thought of another idea for a Halloween display. This one would not be as scary as most home haunts, but cute, nonetheless. I've always been a fan of the 'Peanuts' comic strip. Ever since I was a kid, I have looked forward to the holiday 'Peanuts' shows that come on every year. My brother and I would always watch every episode. One of my favorites, of course, is 'It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown.' Halloween just wouldn't be complete without little 'ol Linus sitting in the pumpkin patch on Halloween night, awaiting the arrival of the Great Pumpkin! So, as I was trying to think of other ideas for a good yard haunt, I thought of using the Great Pumpkin as my theme. I've seen some great 'Peanuts' yard displays during Christmas, but never for Halloween. How cute would it be to have a yard decorated with the entire 'Peanuts' gang in their Halloween costumes in a pumpkin patch, along with a giant Great Pumpkin prop?? I realize that the G.P. never actually appears in the cartoon, but why not create one of my own? Rather than Snoopy sneaking up on Linus and Sally, I thought an actual pumpkin creature of some sort popping out would be pretty cool--and very unusual. Once again, my only drawback is trying to figure out how I would create the 'Peanuts' characters. I suppose I could use those life-size plastic dolls that I've seen in toy departments, and simply dress them accordingly. Time to do some browsing and see what I can come up with.....

4 comments:

Grim said...

Sounds cool, I have that on dvd and have to watch it a few times every year.

Tisha Leigh said...

I have a funny picture that some artist drew of a very evil Great Pumpkin going after Linus. It was funny. It was on my myspace site, which, btw, I deleted. I was kind of having a problem with someone on there, so I deleted my profile so they couldn't find me. I started to create another one under a different name. I'll let you know if I finish with it so I can add you again.

Grim said...

I don't blame you, it's a shame that you had to do that but sometimes I guess that's your only option if someone won't leave you alone!

Tisha Leigh said...

Yeah, well, it wasn't that big of a deal, but I just felt like starting over, ya know. I created another under another alias. Send me your link and I'll send a Friend Request!